Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
UCC LibGuides at Union County College
What is the search history?
- The temporary record of previous searches placed that allows you to view, revise, or combine previous searches
- To access, click Search History, which is located below the search box
What is a search alert?
An alert is a way for you to save a search and get email notification of any new records that have been found in the database that match your search criteria as new records are added. It's a great way to stay current without having to redo previous work!
To Save a Search Alert:
- Perform a search on a topic of your choice.
- Click on the "Alert/Save/Share" option in the blue bar above your search results
- Choose Email Alert or RSS Feed, depending on your preference, from the pop-up that appears
- For email alerts, you will be prompted to sign in. Click the Sign In link and follow the instructions for creating an EBSCO account. These instructions can also be found on the EBSCOhost Account page of this Guide.
How do I view / edit previous searches?
Click on View Results (to the right of each search) to display search results
Click on Edit (to the right of each search) to display a search so that it can be edited
How do I combine previous searches?
- Click the button to remove prior search terms from the search boxes
- Click to select boxes in front of the searches that you wish to combine
- Click Search with AND or Search with OR depending on the type of search you'd like to run