Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
UC LibGuides at Union County College
The Libraries support the mission and goals of the College. As a key academic and student support service, the Libraries’ services will enhance student success and support the student as an active learner. In environments that promote academic excellence and foster lifelong learning, the Libraries will provide the diverse college community with information resources and services that complement curricula and aid students in completing degree and certificate programs. The Libraries will provide resources that foster in students a desire to learn through independent research and will provide equitable access to resources to support individual educational goals. The Libraries will provide information literacy instruction which empowers a spirit of engagement, inquiry, and analytical thought. In all aspects of service and resources, the Union College Libraries endorses the ALA Library Bill of Rights, the Freedom to Read Statement of the ALA and the ACRL Intellectual Freedom Principles for Academic Libraries.
- The Libraries will contribute to the General Education of all students by providing information literacy learning opportunities infused throughout the curricula.
- The Libraries will support the Developmental Education mission by providing appropriate supplemental resources, in various formats and modalities, to facilitate the academic progress of students.
- The Libraries will foster Lifelong Learning by providing human and physical resources to complement a variety of students’ interests, career goals, and continuing education goals.
- The Libraries will support Innovative Pedagogy by acquiring resources that encouraging creative approaches to teaching and learning and by assessing student learning outcomes for information literacy.
- The Libraries will support the institutional mission by using physical, human, and fiscal resources to support teaching and learning throughout the curricula.