Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
UCC LibGuides at Union County College
About This Guide
This guide has been created to help you find information about early childhood and elementary education , and to locate related information resources available in the College Libraries and on the Internet.
If you need further assistance in your research, don't hesitate to contact a librarian at any of our campus locations.
Union County College Reference Numbers
Early Childhood Elementary Education
Union County College offers an Associate degree in Early Childhood Elementary Education.
The program is part of the Social Science, History and Business Division. SSHB offices for the Dean and faculty are located on the 2nd floor of Student Development. Contact the SSHB Division at 908-709-7508.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of psychological concepts to the learning behavior of children and adolescents;
- Analyze characteristics of effective teaching behaviors and “best practices” in the teaching profession;
- Analyze the organization and funding of school systems;
- Describe the roles of teachers, students, parents, administrators, and teacher associations in the U.S.;
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing;
- Demonstrate the skills and motivation for continued self-education.